Sensors, Robotics, Data Analytics & Cyber-Physical Systems for Better Farming Yields
Develop electronics, machinery, software and agroecology processes that can be used for data capture, sharing and analysis, and automated farming practices. Apply these systems to commercial agronomic decision making, economical interpretations and farming procedures. Reduce the investment risks associated with services such as financial and inputs credit, equipment rentals, and insurance, by increasing the chance of good yields. Increase yields by designing an integrated system and network for obtaining and processing of data from yield-influencing factors and variables. Create control systems that spatially and temporally monitor crops and livestock, the inputs that they get and the ecosystems’ physical elements, and automatically determine the best conditions, optimum inputs and appropriate actions for the best forecast yields.
Spatial & Temporal Soil and Crop Agroecology Monitoring
Get updates to your mobile Phone
Real-time data & stats updates, and
growth-simulations on one platform.
Weather Trends Analyses and Predictions
• Numerical weather forecast models.
• Real-time mobile phone weather
updates, alerts and forecasts.
• Localized weather stations & portable
gear for precise weather mapping.
• Weather as a yield-influencing factor.
Online and Financial Services
• Monitor farming processes & forecast yields to lower risk and offer low rates
on machinery and product insurances.
• Provide agric data and forecasts to partner insurance companies.
• Offer insurance on credit.
Open Source Data and Processes
• Provide crop and livestock data, and weather trends for free reference.
• Free research data & agric resources.
• Collaboration with suppliers & buyers for providing free information.
• Free, open, real-time contributions.
Farmers' Credit Score System
• Build numerical score system to track farmers’ trustworthiness for credit.
• Provide scores to partner institutions that provide financial and input credit.
• Extend credit score beyond financials, to machinery, input & equipment care.
Online Farmers' Forum
• Farmers’ discussion platform and resource centre.
• Membership amenities such as videos, magazines & conference invitations.
• Email newsletters, external links, tips, updates and alerts.
People behind EonTech
Tatenda holds a Master's degree in Robotics and a Bachelor's in Mechanical Engineering and Applied Mechanics from the University of Pennsylvania (UPenn) in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA. He is passionate about Robotics and Automation, which he aims to help improve the agricultural and industrial sectors. At UPenn, he was part of the UPennalizers Robotics team that won several national and world RoboCup titles. Tatenda is an advocate for poverty alleviation and volunteers for A Light for Zimbabwe, a non-profit organization that supports disadvantaged Southeastern Zimbabwean families by empowering them with education, orphan sponsorships and sustainable projects. In his sparetime, Tatenda is an amateur astonomer, setting up telescopes for urban astronomy events for #popscope .